Thursday, March 24, 2011

To date just to date?

Okay. Here's the dilemma. Date number two with John/Josh was last night. We watched a movie- he held my hand, kissed me goodnight. The problem? A serious lack of chemistry. You know that feeling when the guy you like accidentally brushes your arm and you get butterflies? Yeah, there was all but none of that going on. Could he be in the friend zone? We shall see. Which brings me to my next point. To date just to date.. even when you know that you aren't really interested romantically? I get it, I get it. You're thinking.. well you're single. and he's single. So why not? Well, here's my take:

Single doesn't mean desperate. Single also doesn't mean that you have to like anyone who likes you. This is a common mistake which only results in settling. Why yes, I would like to have a boyfriend. However, that doesn't mean I'll take just any old boyfriend. I want there to be sparks.. and chemistry, and common interests. No, he doesn't have to be my prince charming. I'm a realist, people. But there has to be something there.

Often, I mistake the jerk guys for the right guys, and the nice guys as clingy. I know this about myself. In this case though, I'm thinking that chemistry outweighs a few free dinners. I could eat my words on this later.. but for now? No thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I see what you are saying! :) there is nothing wrong with going out and having a good time, but if he is into it and your not then i totally think you are right...

    by no means did i think you are desperate when i said that you should still hang out with him.. im just saying that playin the field can be fun! Thats the point of dating - is having fun... so if he is boorring and in the friend zone then... NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said!! Like I've said before....I would rather be single than settle. And look at me now :)

    ReplyDelete