Monday, July 11, 2011

Jenn, The Jerk.

I'm a jerk.

I had a date on Sunday lined up. Well, "lined up" as in we said, we should hang out Sunday night! It turns out that it was his birthday. I asked him if he had big weekend plans and he said no. Anyways, he knew I was at the beach and we texted briefly here and there. I even sent a "Happy birthday!" at midnight on Saturday night. So, Sunday rolled around and we left the beach- I sent him a message asking how his day was going.. and he replied "so far so good," no mention of hanging out. I was exhausted when I got back and laid down for awhile.

Fast forward to about 9:30 last night.. where he sent me an email on POF asking how my trip was. I wondered why he would be sending an email and not a text, but whatever. I said it was great.. and asked how his day had been. He said, it would have been better if he wasn't sitting at home alone on his birthday. Ouch.

Apparently, he was under the assumption that I was going to call when I got home (which, I guess would be the logical thing the assume.) And since I didn't, I essentially stood him up. He said he doesn't back out on plans so he was waiting to hear from me, rather than making alternate plans.

There ya have it, folks. I am officially a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment